1 Keder St
Community Eating Together is a project o the Braidwood Life Centre to provide opportunities for people to gather in a welcoming space, prepare healthy, tasty, low cost, seasonal meals, eating together and connecting with community. The project is supported by funding from the Foundation for Rural and Regional Renewal (FRRR).
The social benefits of sharing meals are an outcome of the project, as is encouraging interest in creating simple, healthy recipes. Research shows that the social experience of eating together improves wellness. A folder with all recipes will be provided to participants as we go, and a cookbook will be completed later to give to community.
- Essentially this community activity means
- Easy meals – using recipes that use easily accessible ingredients and equipment;
- Fresh food – using seasonal fresh produce whenever possible;
- Forming partnerships with local growers and the Braidwood Community Garden;
- Focus – on fruit and vegetables at each meal, low cost and seasonal;
- Nutrition and Balance – encouraging awareness of food groups and what they provide;
- Promote wholefoods and understand how food is grown;
- Promote diverse food cultures
- Limit sugars
- Reduce waste
- Connection – enjoy and share food in a welcoming, friendly atmosphere.
Everyone is welcome to join in – we meet weekly on Thursdays at 12:15pm till 2:30pm at the Braidwood Life Centre near the Rec Ground.