BRAIDWOOD LIFE CENTRE
MINUTES OF THE ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING HELD THURSDAY 10 September 2015 AT THE SERVICES CLUB
The President welcomed everyone, and declared the meeting open at 6.00 p.m.
Attending: Cathy Ffrench, Helen Goddard, Ruth Pettit, Peter Malone, Mary Mathias, Kim Stewart, Jayde Tranter, Kathy Toirkens, Jenny Wallace and Ted Younger
Apologies: Jo Parsons, Eilish Kidd, Nick Fry,.
2. CONFIRMATION OF THE MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETINGS.
Minutes of the Annual General Meeting held on 11 Sep 2014 were tabled. It was Moved Kathy Toirkens, Seconded Helen Goddard that the minutes be accepted. Carried
3. Presidents Report
The President, Peter Malone, tabled and read his report on the activities of BLC for the year 2014-15.
It was Moved Kathy Toirkens, Seconded Cathy Ffrench that the Presidents report be accepted. Carried
4. Sub – Committee Reports
In Jo Parsons absence, Ted Younger briefed the meeting on the REAL activities for the year.
• The Duke of Edinburgh Award Program was showing signs of success, with 9 youths very close to completing their Bronze awards. At leastthree want to continue with the Silver and a number of new starters are looking to commence the Bronze this year. We wish to thank Jeff Wolford for his efforts to help us with the programme. Unfortunately he is not continuing and we are looking for a replacement. We are lookndertaking their Bronze award.
• School Holiday excursions. These were made available in the latterpart of 2014 but not this year .
Helen Goddard tabled the report for the Support Group for the year.
It was Moved Jenny Wllace, Seconded Jayde Tranter that the sub-committee reports be accepted. Carried
5. ELECTION/APPOINTMENT OF COMMITTEE MEMBERS
Peter Malone explained the process of nomination/appointment of some committee members and election of others. He also advised that our constitution allowed us to have a Nominee and an Alternate for each position. Both could attend a committee meeting, but only the Nominee could vote, unless they were absent.
The following were confirmed as nominated and therefore appointed by their respective groups in accordance with the BLC constitution:
Minister's Fraternal rep: Peter Malone
RC Rep: Cathy Ffrench
Anglican Rep: Helen Goddard
Uniting Church Rep: Jenny Wallace
REAL Sub- Committee Jo Parsons
Support Group Sub-Committee Kathy Toirkens
Elected Community reps. Three nominations for election to the three positions of Ordinary Committee Members were received from:
• Ruth Pettit,
• Nick Fry , and
• Ted Younger.
They were therefore declared elected.
The President thanked the meeting for its support and reminded it that the nominated and elected officers would subsequently accept specific committee roles for the following year.
7. FINANCIAL REPORTS TO 30 JUNE 2014
The Treasurer, Jayde Tranter, tabled the financial report for BLC to 30 June 2015.
It was Moved Jayde Tranter, Seconded Ruth Pettit that the audited financial accounts for 2014 be accepted. Carried
8. Appointment of Auditor
It was Moved Mary Mathias, Seconded Cathy Ffrench that David Goddard be appointed Auditor for BLC for the next 12 months and a letter of thanks be sent to him for his efforts. Carried
9. Next AGM to be held on 10 Sep 2015.
The President, Peter Malone, confirmed that, due to family and work circumstances he would not be continuing as President, thanked BLC for its support and declared the meeting closed at 18.57 pm.
R Pettit T. Younger